Australian Research from ARACY (Australian Research Alliance For Children and Youth) recognises the very important role that parents play in their child’s education. Here at St. Kevin’s we aim to support parents with their parent engagement through the primary years of education. You will find some useful tips to help you support your child here. Follow the link to read more about Parental Engagement: http://www.education.act.gov.au/teaching_and_learning/parental-engagement/progressing-parental-engagement
Here are the top 6 parent engagement tips:
1. Talk with your child – Just spending time talking with your child helps them to learn and grow.
2. Make reading a family affair – It’s never too early or too late to start reading with your child.
3. Support Good Relationships – Children tend to enjoy learning and being at school when they have strong friendships and get along with their teacher.
4. Aim High – One of the most powerful things you can do for your children is show them you believe in them and their ability to do their best at school.
5. Learn about the world together – Children learn by exploring new things and finding new interests.
6. Create a good homework environment – There are two important things you can do to get the most out of home learning: building your child’s confidence and supporting them to learn independently.